In no particular order here are ten authors that were new to me in 2016. These authors cover a range of genres from classics, YA, Sci-Fi, Non-fiction, Fantasy, Manga, and graphic novels. I rated most of these pretty high, with one or two being not so great of reads.
- Ayn Rand, Anthem
- H.G. Wells, The Time Machine
- Adi Alsaid, Never Always Sometimes
- Kasie West, P.S. I Like You
- Pierce Brown, Red Rising & Golden Son
- Kate Bolick, Spinster: Making a Life of One’s Own
- Sabaa Tahir, An Ember in the Ashes & A Torch Against the Night (currently reading)
- Bill Nye, Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation & Unstoppable: Harnessing Science to Change the World
- Yoshitoki Ooima, A Silent Voice, Volumes 1-6
- Allie Brosh, Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
Which authors were new to you this year?
The Top Ten Tuesday meme is hosted by the Broke and Bookish