This week’s topic, courtesy of the Broke and Bookish, is ten bookish facts about me. So without further ado:
- I am a proud Ravenclaw of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- I guess more geographically relevant, I am a proud Horned Serpent of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Jane Austen is my favorite classic author.
- I recently bought a subscription to The New Yorker because the book Spinster by Kate Bolick subliminally encouraged me to.
- I make myself read at least one article whether from Time or The New Yorker every day so that I can stay caught up on current events.
- I rationalize that my addiction to owning books is better than other people who horde multiple things, and then I feel like a horrible person for comparing myself to others like that.
- I didn’t start reading for fun until Junior High, and then I didn’t start reading incessantly until I graduated college.
- I feel my chinchillas escaping their cage and eating through my books.
- I have a rather large stack of books I have been meaning to donate for a few months, but I can’t seem to bring myself to get rid of them yet.
- Lastly, I read more historical romances in a year than any other genre. (I’m addicted to London society love stories)
Tell me about yourself?
The Top Ten Tuesday meme is hosted by the Broke and Bookish