I wasn’t going to do this post, but then changed my mind. Just to note, I am not a quote collector. I made my list by listing some of my favorite reads from this year and then looking at the quotes on Goodreads for each book. Here are ten quotes I like from my favorite books, that I read this year.
- “I know you must be hurting now, but don’t give up hope on future happiness, and all the good things that are still to come for you.”― Marissa Meyer,
- “In new situations, all the trickiest rules are the ones nobody bothers to explain to you. (And the ones you can’t Google.)” ― Rainbow Rowell,
- “The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.” ― Victoria Aveyard,
- “Being with you is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, the one perfect decision I’ve made in a lifetime of fumbling and poor judgment. I’d go through it all again to be by your side. Never doubt that. Never doubt how I feel about you.” ― Richelle Mead,
- “They are orphans again, with no true home but each other and whatever life they can make together on the other side of the sea.” ― Leigh Bardugo,
- “As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.
I wish you all very good lives.” ― J.K. Rowling,
- “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” ― Malala Yousafzai,
- “The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count.” ― Jennifer Niven,
- “Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” ― Sarah J. Maas,
- “The truth is, it’s hard to get people to like you, but it’s even harder to keep people liking you.” ― Mindy Kaling,
WHich quotes resonate with you?
The Top Ten Tuesday meme is hosted by the Broke and Bookish