Throughout the month of May I read 18 books, of those five were re-reads. For the sake of keeping my reading challenge relatively fair I’ve decided that every three manga novels I read equates to one novel. Seeing as manga can be devoured in the matter of an hour.
Outside of reading, this month I continued watching more Charmed (only a season and a half left), all my fall/spring shows have finished for the season, and my sister got me hooked on the TV show Revenge yesterday. (If you haven’t seen Revenge I recommend giving it a try, the first three seasons are on Netflix.)
On another note, the job interview I had last month was successful! I was offered a library assistant job at Saint Louis University which starts tomorrow. I am excited for the job to begin! (Having money again will be great as well, I keep coming across books I want to buy!) On a less exciting note, this means my reading will be drastically decreased, I may eventually have to go back to one book review per week.
Back to books, out of the 18 I read this month, my top three were Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps, Ruin and Rising, and The Unlikely Lady. These three cover three different genres as well: non-fiction, YA fantasy, and historical romance.
Here are the eighteen I finished this past month:
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
- Very Good LIves: The Fringe Benefits if Failure and the Importance of Imagination by J.K. Rowling
- His Wicked Seduction by Lauren Smith
- The Ruse by Felicia Rogers
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning Vol 1-3 by Kyo Shirodaira
- The Queen by Kiera Cass
- The Unlikely Lady by Valerie Bowman
- I am Malala: The GIrl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Ares and Aphrodite: Love Wars by Jamie S. Rich
- The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer
- Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
- The Heir by Kiera Cass
- Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning Vol 4-6 by Kyo Shirodaira
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
This brings my yearly total of books up to 66/75 towards my reading goal, making it 88% complete.
What I Posted in May:
Book reviews (SuN):
BOOK REVIEWS (WED):
TOP TEN TUESDAYS:
EXPLORING MY BOOKS:
5-1 April 2015