This week’s challenge is one of the most difficult ones I have participated in. I find it is difficult to discern what I absolutely will never read because I may change my mind further in my life. It is possible that my genre preference may evolve if I end up being burnt out on the ones I enjoy now. Below are some of the books I am fairly certain I will never want to read, unfortunately I couldn’t manage to find ten.
- The Book Thief
- I’ve tried to read this before, yet never got hooked, it is about time to give it up.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- This one just has never interested me.
- The DaVinci Code
- Again I’ve tried and failed on this one.
- The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas
- Something about Holocaust themed novels turns me away, there is just too much pain and sadness for me to read them. I’m a big fan of happy endings and these kinds of book rarely offer those.
- Gone Girl
- I saw the movie and now I never want to read the book, too much suspense.
- Les Miserable
- Like Huck Finn, this classic has never interested me. That and it is super long.
- Stephen King’s works
- I’m just not a fan of books that are based entirely around horror, suspense, or murder… which I feel knocks out a majority of King’s works.
What will you never read?
The Top Ten Tuesday meme is hosted by the Broke and Bookish.