So I’ll be the first to admit it, my blog is a bit pathetic with only two-three regularly scheduled posts a week. Knowing this I’m going to dabble in a few other book blog memes and see if I like them, and if I’ll continue them.
UPDATED March 20th, 2015.
The first of which is Teaser Tuesday. This meme is hosted by A Daily Rhythm and goes like this:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The second meme I’m going to try out is Throwback Thursday, hosted by Casual Reader. Here are the rules:
- Feature a book that was published more than a year ago, the older the better.
- It must be a book that you have re-read at least once.
- Explain to your readers why this book is worth reading over and over again.
- Tag four people in your post to share their favorite throwback the following week.
Thirdly, on Fridays I’m going to participate in the Exploring Your Bookshelf meme hosted by Addlepates and Bookworms. Here’s what you do:
- Post a picture of your bookshelf (preferably literal, but e-shelves work too).
- I’ll give you something about your shelf to write about. It might be your favourite cover, your favourite author, your book you most recently bought etc.
- Then give us the blurb and the cover of the book (and what you thought of it if you’ve read it)
- And finally, come back to my post and send us a link! I promise to check out all of your posts!
Fourthly, I’m going to try out Soundtrack Saturday, hosted by The Hardcover Lover. For this meme you:
- Choose a book that you’ve read
- Create a mini (four songs) or full soundtrack (ten-fifteen songs) for that book based on characters and plot details
- For more detailed instructions, visit the meme’s homepage.
- Please credit me somewhere in your post
- It can be as simple as “Soundtrack Saturday was created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover.”
- Please comment on my post, so I can be sure to check out your post
- Add your name to the link-up tool
There is no guarantee that I’ll stick with all these memes, or even do them consistently every week, but they seemed fun to try out.